Saturday, November 20, 2010

Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits

Today I wanted to make Jeff a special breakfast. So I went to the recipe book of the greatest chef I know...NANA's cook book. A few years ago (2004) Nana gave each family a really special gift for Christmas. She compiled a recipe book of all our favorites and some of hers. One of my favorites that I have never had anywhere besides her little house in Oklahoma was this one I made for Jeff this morning. Chocolate gravy and biscuits. It was a lot easier to make than I thought and tasted JUST LIKE HERS! (this was a good sign...means I just might have potential to be a good cook after all) The only bad part about this morning was how smoky it got in the kitchen when I was cookin' all this good stuff. So my poor husband wasn't woken up by a sweet kiss and nice warm plate of food, instead the loud howling of our fire alarm brought him storming into the kitchen in panic. We couldn't figure out how to turn the darn thing off either! So it just beeped and beeped and beeped. But breakfast was great anyhow! And just for the record nothing was burned. :) It was all delicious and Jeff loved it! Even though he couldn't believe people actually eat this for breakfast. I just told him it's a southern thing. It is right? She is from Arkansas after all.

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate gravy sounds yummy to me! I think I need to bake more, this Thanksgiving is going to give me a run for my money hosting everyone at my house!What a sweet wifey you are!

    ReplyDelete