Sunday, November 28, 2010

My first Crock Pot Meal...

 So this picture truly does not give the meal justice! It was delicious and not dry at all, like it looks! haha. But Jeff bought a small roast and after talking to my sweet mother-in-law this weekend about how I have never used my crock pot, I decided I better give it a try! So this is how I did it...

1-small roast, brown outside over the stove before you put into crock pot.
2-cans of Campbell's Select Harvest (Light) Southwestern-Style Vegetable soup
1/2-can of water
5-sticks of freshly chopped celery
5-small red potatoes, chopped
1-pinch of basil
1-pinch of rosemary

Cook in crock pot on HIGH for 5-6 hours or until meat is cooked thoroughly. Can shred meat and serve as a soup, or can drain veggies and serve on the side of meat dish. Such great, rich flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment