Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Great Gathering...

The past couple days I have been reading the first book of the series, Standing in Holy Places by Chad Daybell. I was so excited that Jeff got me these books for Christmas because I have been wanting to read them for awhile. This lady came into work one day and started telling Lauren and I all about them, making me so interested! But.. of course I always have a million projects going on and a long list of books I was already reading, so I just kinda pushed it aside for a bit. Now that I have the books I just am not nearly as productive with my time! I just want to stay up super late reading them, get up super early reading them and not do any cleaning or cooking either! So this is probably making you totally interested in what the books are about.
Without blowing away too much of the story... it is kind of a "what COULD happen" in the last days. This author developed different characters who are all related somehow in the story and follows them through their trials. There are some real challenging times that are presented to these characters, and it is amazing how blessed they are to be able to survive. Over the past few months I have been so very intrigued by prophesies, scriptures and books about what we know or may think we know about what will happen/is happening in the last days. So it is neat to see some of those ideas thrown into an intense fictional novel. Check them out, they are super good, pretty quick reads!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always on the look out for a new book. I'll have to get it on my nook. Your roses are gorgeous too, what a sweet hubs.

    ReplyDelete